Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Giuliani Candidate For SortaGolf

The former NYC Mayor is not only a right-thinking American, he’s also a right-thinking recreational golfer.  I recently read his best selling book, ‘Leadership’, and was gratified to read the following excerpt from p. 286-7: 

"Every time I found myself trapped on a golf course, I would cringe at the endless rules.  It’s hard enough just to hit long and strong without the frustration of adding strokes when your ball’s in the water or or cruelly lips out after a seemingly perfect putt. 

On the very first hole, Randy saw me struggling with my swing, with the golf ball flying all over the place.  ‘Rudy”, he said, “this isn’t the PGA Tour – we’re here to have fun.  If you miss-hit your drive, tee up another ball.”

Suddenly, it became clear to me: golf is supposed to be pleasurable, not a torture.  I was hooked!  I had caught the strange fever that has driven so many people to spend endless hours knocking a dimpled rubber sphere into a small hole hundreds of yards away.”
Mr. Mayor, I couldn’t agree with you more.  SortaGolf, and its Rules Amendment #7: ”A Mulligan Per Round, was made for guys like you and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment